So tonight I came across an article about using coconut oil as a face wash and that got me thinking…I’m gonna try that! I had some in the cabinet that I use on my hair (which works WONDERS!!!), so I went and got it out and went straight to the bathroom sink. This is the one I have that I bought at our local Wal-Mart.
Here are the directions I followed…
- Removed my eye make up with some left over Mary Kay eye makeup remover. (I plan on making my own from a Pinterest recipe very soon).
- Got my coconut oil, spoon, and wash cloth ready.
- Wet my face with warm water.
- Scooped out about 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and rubbed my hands together to liquefy it (it is solid in the jar).
- Rubbed it in small circles all over my face (including my eyes…even though I had removed my eye makeup already, I wanted to see if any extra makeup would come off).
- Wet my wash cloth with warm water and applied it to my face.
- Let the wash cloth sit for 10-15 seconds.
- GENTLY rub off the excess oil.
I instantly inspected my face. And to my surprise it was smooth, makeup free and a lot less red/splotchy in places! I AM HOOKED! I didn’t think to take a before pic but I still may just to see my progress by next weekend. I am going to do my best to get my husband to try it. He has very dry skin and with his new job has to shave daily and it’s making it worse. We’ll see how that works…
The next thing I’m going to try is using some baking soda mixed in as an exfoliant.